OCA’s new board of directors meets for the first time next Thursday, 19 January at 7 pm at the Community Centre, 33 Quill Street.
The agenda includes:
- meeting our community police officer, Jonathan Kenney
- hearing the plans of our committees
It’s a celebration year! Come and add your voice and energy to help the community!
In a letter (see below) to all Ottawa Carleton District School Board trustees, Sheila Perry and Heather Amys submit a research study which strongly supports smaller school size. The study finds that small schools:
- get better academic results,
- promote better student behavior and are safer,
- have higher rates of participation, and
- are more cost-effective
For the full study, click here final-submission-to-trustees-research-based-conclusions-on-school-size-sp