About the Overbrook Community Association
The Overbrook Community Association is a non-profit, incorporated volunteer organization that continuously works to improves the lives of its residents.
The Association, previously the Community Council of Overbrook, works to keep our unique and diverse community a safe and enjoyable place for all residents, young and old.
The Association works to:
- Organize spring and fall cleanups
- Advocate for park upgrades and tree plantings
- Monitor development to ensure suitability to the neighbourhood
- Partner to organize community events
- Promote safe, active transportation
- Identify and preserve buildings and celebrate our heritage
- Publish and distribute our community newspaper: Nouvelles d’Overbrook News.
Overbrook is a east end community located in the inner urban area of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The neighbourhood is bounded by the Queensway, the Rideau River, St. Laurent Boulevard. and Vanier. Our neighbourhood includes Castle Heights. Overbrook is a neighbourhood in Rideau-Rockcliffe Ward 13.
Because Overbrook matters… For over 30 years, the Overbrook Community Association (formerly known as the Community Council of Overbrook) has met regularly to consider matters of concern to residents … matters such as safety, development planning, reopening of back lanes, replacement of trees, etc. Every resident of Overbrook is considered a member, so come to an OCA meeting, register, and help envision the future of our community. Every voice counts …