Do you have a couple of hours to help at the community garage sale? Do you have a truck or hatchback? Then you help would be much appreciated…
Here’s what we need:
- Two drivers with vehicles to pick up donations (2 students will help): 8 to 9 pm
- Two garage sale sellers: 8:45 to 11 am & 11 am to 2 pm
- Two popcorn makers: 11 am to 1:30 pm
- One assistant BBQer: 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Two cleanup crew: 2 to 3 pm
See you Saturday!
We won’t let rain deter us! The Community Garage Sales goes ahead despite some sprinkles. You may want to cover your donations in plastic with a big sign “OCA” on them. Watch for our decorated vehicles!
If it’s very wet, we go inside at the Community Centre. Many tables have been rented. Drop by and browse. Treat yourself to a hot dog and popcorn lunch.
And students, you can earn volunteer hours if you help with the cleanup of Overbrook streets and parks. Come to the Centre or to Adawe Crossing at 10 am.
See you there!
SATURDAY, 14 MAY
OVERBROOK COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE
9 am to 2 pm
ADOPT-A-PARK & ADOPT-A-STREET SPRING CLEAN-UP
10 am to 1 pm
We are looking for small crews of volunteers to help
- pick up donated items throughout the community with truck or hatch back (8 to 10 am)
- set up stalls at Overbrook Community Centre (8:30 to 10:30 am)
- sell items (9 am to noon, noon to 2 pm)
- BBQ lunch (11:30 am to 1 pm)
- cleanup (2 to 3:30 pm)
- set up at two meeting spots: Overbrook Community Centre and Adawe Crossing at Rideau Tennis Club (9 to 10 am)
- cleanup in parks and throughout community (10 am to 1 pm) – A wonderful opportunity for high school students to earn volunteer hours!
Please join us in this community-building event!
Email email@example.com to volunteer or for more information