Now’s your chance to declutter! Our pickup vans and trucks will be making the rounds from 8 to 10 am on Saturday, 9 May. We are looking for books, treasures and small household items.
If you don’t wish to wait until Saturday, you can drop off donations at the Overbrook Community Centre during the week. The Centre staff have kindly offered to store items until Saturday.
Fourth Annual Overbrook Community Garage Sale, Saturday, 10 May, 9 am to 2 pm, held throughout the community & at Overbrook Community Centre, 33 Quill
The weather forecast for Saturday is a balmy 18 degrees with no rain! Could we ask for more?
- Hold a sale at your home (we do all the advertising!)
- Rent a table at the Community Centre ($15 outside; $20 inside, email Joanne Lockyer at email@example.com)
- Donate items to OCA (put small items marked “OCA” on your driveway/walkway before 8 am on Saturday for pickup)
To help make this day a success, we also need volunteers to work a few hours at the Community Centre. Please email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help:
- Set up and sales, 8 to 11 am
- Sales and BBQ, 11 am to 2 pm
- BBQ and Cleanup, 12 to 3 pm
- Donation pickup, vehicle drivers and helpers, 7:45 am to 10 pm
- Delivery of unsold items, vehicle and helpers, 2 to 3 pm
Whatever you decide to do, we hope you have a lovely spring day!
Saturday, 10 May 2014, 9 am-2 pm
You can participate in four ways:
1) Hold a garage sale at your home
2) Rent a table at the Overbrook Community Centre: $20 inside; $15 outside, email email@example.com
3) Donate items to the Overbrook Community Association: Put small items on your driveway, marked “OCA” before 8 am on Saturday, 10 May for pick-up.
4) Volunteer to help out. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help make this a fun community event!