Councillor candidates voted on mock resolutions during a portion of last Tuesday’s All-Candidates’ Forum at Queen Juliana Hall. To see the resolutions and how candidates voted, visit the Rockcliffe Park Residents’ Association website at the following link: Mock Council Votes.
It was a standing-room-only crowd as moderator Emilie Taman posed residents’ questions to 16 of our 17 Councillor candidates during Friday’s Candidates’ Forum at the Overbrook Community Centre. The evening was lively and informative and thanks go both to Emilie and the candidates and to the organizers and other volunteers from the Overbrook Community Association and the Rideau-Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre.
There are two other upcoming opportunities to see candidates in action:
- Tuesday, April 2, 7-9:30 pm at Queen Juliana Hall, Rockcliffe Park Public School, 350 Buena Vista Rd.
- Environment and Climate Change, Monday, April 8, 7-9:00 pm, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Ottawa, 400 McArthur Ave.
Other ways to learn more about them:
- contact them directly or visit their websites (click here for more information);
- read the article, Ward 13 Community Associations interview by-election candidates;
- watch the candidate statements on Rogers TV.
Advance Vote Day for the 2019 Rideau-Rockcliffe By-election will take place on Friday, April 5, 2019 from 10 am to 8 pm. Voting Day will take place on Monday, April 15 from 10 am to 8 pm.
Eligible electors should bring an acceptable piece of identification with their name and qualifying Ottawa address when they vote.
For more information on the 2019 Rideau-Rockcliffe By-election, including voter eligibility and proxy voting, visit ottawa.ca/vote or contact the Elections Office at 613-580-2660 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with the Elections Office through Facebook and Twitter.
De 18h à 19h c’est Rencontre avec les candidats et 19h le Forum commence jusqu’à 21h. / Meet and greet the candidates from 6 to 7 pm. The Forum begins at 7 pm.