Neighbourhood trauma: what to do / Incident près de chez toi : que faire

Le texte français suit

Now what?

You and your community have just experienced a traumatic event. This information sheet offers guidance and resources to help you through it.

Where can I get help?

Contact your local Community Health and Resource Centre: See Call the Distress Centre at 613-238-3311 Dial 2-1-1 for a referral to community and social services     Dial 9-1-1 to report an emergency or a crime in progressFor non-emergencies, call the Ottawa Police at 613-236-1222  

Most of us are not prepared for traumatic events. It is natural to feel nervous or afraid. Remember, you are not alone. Here are some resources to help you, your neighbours and your family:

Continue reading

Crisis support in Overbrook

The Rideau-Rockliffe Community Resource Centre offers counselling services to anyone living in Overbrook and their broader catchment area. Their walk-in counselling services are available Monday to Friday 8:30-Noon at 225 Donald St, Unit 120.  Read on for a complete listing of services.

Continue reading

Manor Park Talk on Crime Prevention, Tuesday, June 11

Creating Balance Between Social Interventions & Enforcement

Melanie Bania, Director of Youth Justice Services at the Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa, will share her expertise in crime prevention and community development. She will also share her experience in what support youth and families need to have positive life experiences and outcomes — at all ages.

Tuesday June 11, 2019, 7:00 – 8:00 PM, Manor Park Community Centre, 100 Thornwood Road. Register online to attend. Donations welcome.