The OCA is searching for someone with graphic design skills to help produce our community newspaper. Please pass on the Job Posting notice below. Deadline for applicants is Friday, 22 April.
Ottawa Champions Baseball Club Job Fair – Game Day Positions Date: May 2nd, 2015 Time: 10 am – 2 pm Location: Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Park The Ottawa Champions are holding a job fair in order to hire motivated, hard-working people to take on various roles at Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Park during the summer of 2015. Interested applicants are asked to arrive at RCGT Park between 10 am and 1 pm with a copy of their resume. Please specify desired position. Short interviews will be conducted onsite and those chosen will be informed within a few days. Paid Positions (Number Available):
- Box Office Attendants (12-15)
- Ticket Takers/Scanners (6)
- Ushers (12-15)
- In Game Host (1-2)
- Merchandise/Team Store (5)
- Cleaners (8)
- Customer/Guest Services (3-4)
- Backup Mascots (2)
- Parking Attendants (12-15)
- Program Sales (2-3)
- Clubhouse Attendants
- Game Day Promotions (Students)
- Fulfill the duties of your specific job to ensure fans have a fun and enjoyable experience at the ballpark.
- Reliable and available for scheduled games.
- Previous experience working in a game day environment is an asset but not necessary
- Good communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must love working in a team environment.
- Must be able to do the job professionally while still having FUN!
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move equipment, bags and supplies
- Must be able to work various shifts and flexible hours
The co-editors of the community newspaper Nouvelles d’Overbrook News are looking for a graphic designer to work with them on three issues a year (published in March, June and September).
Please forward this to any potential candidates. This is an ideal job for a graphic design student looking to earn a little money and to get on-the-job experience.
Click here for the job details: Job posting graphic designer
Click here for latest edition of the paper: Nouv Overbrook News – March 2015 (FINAL)
Girls aged 12 to 14 who live in ward 13 are invited to a series of six 2-hour workshops designed to teach “how to start your very own business.”
The series run on Thursdays from 4 to 6 pm, 9 April to 16 May at the Rideau-Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre, 225 Donald Street, Unit 120.
If you know of a young girl with big dreams or who is ready to change the world, please forward this information. Spaces are limited.
See flyer here: