Melanie Knight will present the City’s new study “Building Better Revitalized Neighbourhoods (Vanier South-Overbrook)” tomorrow at 7 pm at the Overbrook Community Centre. This is a wonderful opportunity to help shape the future of our community.
See you there! We’ll have refreshments!
Building Better Revitalized Neighbourhoods (Vanier South-Overbrook) — or BBRN — is the name of the City’s initiative to examine ways to revitalized communities. One of their focuses is on St. Laurent Boulevard from Montreal Road to Coventry Road.
A meeting will take place at 7 pm, Thursday, 18 May at the Overbrook Community Centre, 33 Quill Street when Melanie Knight, City of Ottawa, will give an overview of the project and hear feedback from community members.
The study will consider:
- A range of economic development incentives and initiatives for businesses along this stretch
- Ways to improve pedestrian and cycling routes along St. Laurent Boulevard as well as to and from this commercial area
- How to coordinate with other City projects that are ongoing or upcoming in the area
- Key sites within Vanier South and Overbrook that may be redeveloped
Join us and have your say on these important issues.
Do you have a couple of hours to help at the community garage sale? Do you have a truck or hatchback? Then you help would be much appreciated…
Here’s what we need:
- Two drivers with vehicles to pick up donations (2 students will help): 8 to 9 pm
- Two garage sale sellers: 8:45 to 11 am & 11 am to 2 pm
- Two popcorn makers: 11 am to 1:30 pm
- One assistant BBQer: 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Two cleanup crew: 2 to 3 pm
See you Saturday!