What you’ll find in this update :
- New OCA Safety Committee initiative – Overbrook Community Care
- Good Food Box – at your doorstep
New OCA Safety Committee initiave – Overbrook Community Care – Solidarité communautaire Overbrook
This group is for neighbours in the Overbook area of Ottawa to support one another during the COVID-19 public health emergency, based on principles of social justice, solidarity and mutual aid.
There are great Ottawa groups out there sharing information, so we’re keeping this one local to Overbrook.
We’re looking to do the following things for each other:
- Deliver grocery and supplies
- Phone neighbours who are sick or isolated
- Check in our BIPOC/immigrant/refugee communities
- Connect with community resources
- Assist with financial aid applications
If you are looking for support, you can post in the Facebook group or contact us:
Help us promote this initiative to our neighbours and share this information.
Solidarité communautaire Overbrook est un groupe qui vise de faciliter l’entraide et le soutien entre les voisins d’Overbrook pendant la crise du COVDID-19. Nous nous basons sur des principes de justice sociale de solidarité et d’entraide.
Voici certaines façons qu’on peut s’entraider
- Livrer des épiceries et des fournitures essentielles
- Appels avec nos voisins malades et isolés
- Appui aux communautés racisés, immigrantes, ou réfugiés
- Faire des liens aux ressources communautaires
- Soutien pour les demandes d’aide financière
Il existe déjà plusieurs autres groupes de solidarité pour la ville d’Ottawa, notre but est d’être un groupe qui se limite au quartier d’Overbrook.
Aidez-nous à informer nos voisins d’Overbrook et partager ces informations.
Good Food at Your Doorstep:
A COVID-19 Emergency Fresh Food Delivery Service.
This new program sells $20 boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables delivered to your doorstep FREE of charge. You also have the option to “Share Some Good” by donating a box to a family in need.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Orders are placed online at https://ottawagoodfoodbox.ca/ with a credit or debit card.
- The order deadline for delivery next week is Monday, April 13 at 12pm (noon).
- Deliveries will be made on that week’s Friday or Saturday. You will receive an email to confirm your order and let you know on which day you can expect your delivery. On your delivery day, you will receive an email or SMS 15-30 minutes before your order is due to arrive.
- When you place your order, you will be required to include your full home address (including apartment number) and a phone number at which you can be reached.
- Your produce box will contain 8-11 varieties of fruits and vegetables such as:
- Specific requests and substitutions regarding the content of our produce box are not available. The produce selections will be based on availability and price, but rest assured it will always be top quality!
- We will only be offering no-contact deliveries within the City of Ottawa and will be following the COVID-19 guidelines given by Ottawa Public Health for safe food handling and home deliveries.
- Unfortunately, at this time we cannot deliver to areas in the following postal codes: K1X, K2J, K2K, K2M, K2R, K2S, K2T, K2V, K2W, K4C, K4M, K4P, and K0A. Please email us to see what may be possible if you live in one of these areas and are interested in purchasing a produce box.
- Customers who make a purchase and live outside of our designated delivery area will be refunded in full. We are not able to issue refunds for any other reason, but please let us know if you are unsatisfied with your purchase.
You can email us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or by calling 613-860-6767.
Stay healthy, wash your hands often and practice physical distancing!
The Good Food at Your Doorstep Team