With the new term of Council comes the opportunity to make a difference in your community by becoming a community member on agencies, boards and committees.
The City of Ottawa is currently recruiting for:
- Ottawa Board of Health (5 members)
- Ottawa Police Services Board (1 member)
- Ottawa Public Library Board (5 members)
- Committee of Adjustment (15 members)
- Transit Commission (*4 members)
- Built Heritage Sub-Committee (*3 members)
- Property Standards and License Appeals Committee (5 members)
- Shaw Centre – Board of Directors (*2 members)
- Rideau Valley Conservation Authority (*5 members)
- South Nation Conservation (*2 members)
- Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority (*3 members)
- Mohr’s Landing / Quyon Port Authority (1 member)
- Accessibility Advisory Committee (*9 – 15 members)
- Arts, Culture, Heritage and Recreation Advisory Committee (*9 – 11 members)
- Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee (*9 – 11 members)
- French Language Services Advisory Committee (*7 – 11 members)
- Planning Advisory Committee (*12 members)
* Subject to the Term of Council Governance review and/or Nominating Committee process.
The City can benefit greatly from your expertise, enthusiasm and your willingness to serve. Get involved and play an active role!
Who is eligible?
You must be a resident of the City of Ottawa and 18 years of age or older in order to be eligible for appointment. Membership will, as much as possible, reflect Ottawa’s diversity and demographics in such areas as gender, official language, geographic representation, race and disability. Participants may be eligible for re-imbursement of some out-of-pocket expenses.
Note: Employees of the City of Ottawa are not eligible for positions as citizen members on advisory committees, boards or commissions.
For more information: Contact Carole Legault at 613-580-2424, ext. 28934, (TTY: 613-580-2401) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail).
An Open House/Information Session will be held on
Thursday, November 29, 2018
6 pm to 8 pm
Ben Franklin Place, Main Lobby
101 Centrepointe Drive (Ottawa)
How to apply
All applicants are encouraged to review the recruitment information and apply using this online form (link is external). Alternate application formats are available upon request. All applications must be submitted by Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 4:30 pm.
For more information about the committees and boards, visit: https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/get-know-your-city/volunteering/other-volunteer-opportunities-city/committees-and-boards-recruitment