On SATURDAY, JUNE 9 at 1:00 PM, the community is invited to join co-owners Francis and Francesca Lépine at 1425 Vanier Parkway along with special guests to commemorate the past purpose of this property. A preserved part of the Sisters’ convent, which now sits near the courtyard of Les Terrasses Francesca, will be unveiled and the building will be blessed. Jean-Pierre Fredette, a priest from the nearby Paroisses Catholique Romaines Saint-Sébastien, and Soeur Simone, f.m.m., a sister of the Franciscan Missionaries, will be present to conduct the ceremony.
This special event will commemorate the Sisters of the Franciscan Missionaries and honour the former life of the property that is now home to Les Terrasses Francesca. Prior to Lépine’s purchase of the property in 2011, this lot belonged to the Institut des Franciscaines Missionaires de Marie d’Ontario. It was here that the Sisters lived in a modest convent for 50 years before deciding to move on, placing the property up for sale for a new life and purpose. Today, the Sisters are devoted to working with native communities in northeastern Manitoba by the shores of Hudson’s Bay.