Please find below links to the Highway 417 traffic impacts via the City’s Public Service Announcements, as well as a link to the project’s construction update:
- Hwy 417 traffic impacts – http://ottawa.ca/en/news/upcoming-ramp-closures-and-lane-reductions-highways-417-and-174-40
- Hwy 417 construction update – http://www.confederationline.ca/en/the-build/417-widening/
Please also note that starting Monday, August 11, the multi-use pathway along the west bank of the Rideau River will be closed in the vicinity of Hurdman’s Bridge due to construction on Highway 417. The pathway will remain closed for 4 to 6 weeks. A signed detour route will be in place and a map is below. The pathway along the east bank is also scheduled to close for a 4 to 6 week period beginning in September to facilitate this work on Highway 417. Click image for pdf map.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help residents plan their routes and manage their commute, including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real time construction and traffic information.
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can chart and plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cams throughout the city